>   Anyone who is in charge of purchasing ANY type of equipment and who
>actually believes that getting something at the drug store or Walmart or
>from one of the big "box houses" is is same as purchasing from an AV dealer
>should immediately give up that job to someone who knows what they are
>doing!!!!!  Come on we are supposed to be informed professionals not a bunch
>of "bag ladies".

********Keeping in mind how professionals should speak to one another, I will
respond to your post. Some states DO NOT have bid orders, including my
state. This means that I purchase from whomever gives me the BEST price AND
service. Since most AV equipment is warranted by the manufacturer rather
than the company selling it, I don't care who the company is, if they have
the right price-THAT IS WHERE I GO. You should take into account that not
everyone works under the same conditions as you do!!
Cheryl W. Stevens
****************

Great response, Cheryl,

...Given OUR budget restrictions in California, we often have  to use or buy
almost ANY equipment! (That is why there are still so many old Apple IIe's
around...)  We agonize over every penny to get the best value...

It would be WONDERFUL if we could all purchase the highest quality hardware,
but as Cheryl stated, we often are not given that option...It's more like,
"We have $3,000 left in the budget, what can we get for that?--I need a
decision TOMORROW!"  We all are doing our best and make as informed decisions
as possible...none of us wants to squander money...

I suppose there are two things that bother me about the original
comments...One is the supposition that there is NOT quality merchandise at
WalMart or KMart...My Dad, bless his heart, was one of the original d quality
merchandise...

The second is that flamming is unnecessary...Commenting is welcome, accusing
someone of "bag lady" mentality"  is insulting...

IMHO...

Jane
AFCJane@aol.com
The Read In!