I wanted to relate a really positive experience I just had with Tech
Support.  Our Sirs Discoverer update CD just would not work in the drive on
our CD server, though it was fine in a stand alone.   After testing and
trying everything I could, I called their tech support.  Nestor (a wonderful
guy!!!) was so cooperative and within an hour or less called back with a
diagnosis.  We are still using our old single speed and twin speed CD drives
(yes, the budget constraints etc).  The new update was not set up to work
with those by the co. that did the mastering.  The next day I had a new CD
to try out that is designed to run on my poor old Hitachi 1750s---and it
works wonderfully.  Somedays things really do work out.  Nestor  assures me
that future updates will be backwards compatible.  So, if you are running
old equipment and hit the same snag--call SIRS.  They have the fix.

Anne Oelke                                     | "Some days are like that,
acoelke@peoples.net                   |  even in Australia!"
Cambria-Friesland School Dst.  |  Judith Viorst in _Alexander
Cambria, WI                                    | & the Terrible, Horrible,
                                                           | No Good, Very
Bad Day_.

LM_NET Archive Home