I would like to put in my 2 cents about bidding. I have been very unhappy
with the vendor who received the bid for our periodical subscriptions. We
used to deal with EBSCO and I was very happy with them. Good discount and
service.
Now we are dealing with ALINI subscriptions and I received no discounts for
the elementary school periodicals.  I was told the secondary school
subscriptions were substantially discounted and that is why they won the bid.
The first year I refused to purchase magazines because we had lost most of
our library book monies for administrative expenses--textbooks I believe. So
I put that money into books. I admit it was also a personal boycott on my
part. (If anyone needed articles I would get them elsewhere).
   Now I couldn't keep this up for more than a year, so I am ordering from
the bid winner. I have more problems in the past 3 years than in my entire
career of over 20 years. So that's what I have to say about the lowest
bid--the quality and service are not what you should expect.

LM_NET Archive Home