I have the full-text CD for SIRS and made the decision to stop purchasing
the print version.  I could not afford both and I also had no more room
for the binders.  The only part I miss is having the charts, but I have
learned to live without them.  I am fortunate to have a schoolwide lan
with a dozen computers in the media center, so several students can access
the database at once.  If you only have one or two computers, you might
want to continue to get the print version if you can afford both.  The
searching capability of the electronic version is extremely powerful and
so much easier to use than the print indexes.

Jayne

Jayne Moore                     jmoore@umd5.umd.edu
St. Michaels High School        tel (410) 745-2852
200 Seymour Avenue              fax (410) 745-3532
St. Michaels MD  21663

On Fri, 24 Jan 1997, LaQuita Beth Dinkins wrote:

> How many of you full-text CD SIRS Researcher users still buy
> the print version?  I know there are advantages to having both,
> but for financial reasons, I'm considering giving up the print
> version.  If you only subscribe to the CD, do you miss the
> print?  What are your opinions?  Thanks so much!
>
>                 LaQuita Dinkins * ldinkin@tenet.edu * Librarian
>        Levelland High School * 1400 Hickory Street * Levelland, TX 79336
>                     phone 806-894-8515  *  fax 806-894-8867

LM_NET Archive Home