Dear Gail and Netters,
        I live in Northampton, Mass, and Eric Carle is a local, so i called
him up to find out how people can get info about him.  I had a lovely talk
with his wife who supplied me with this:
        First of all, Eric is 66 and is no longer doing school appearances.
There is a video of him working in his studio.  you can write for
information or it is available through Scholastic or Philomel (for
bookstores).  If you write to him, you will receive the first issue of his
newsletter (which has info about the video in it).  His wife said he is
inundated with mail, so please do not expect a personal response.  (They
have had to hire someone to deal with the mail, a full time job!)  Eric's
address:
        Eric Carle
        PO Box 485
        Northampton, MA 01061