Thank you for all of your responses for my request of a book for my girl shy
5th grade student.  Jamie Murphy, Patty Sands, Kris Vestad, Trish Feld,
Marion Bartell, and Linda Bryniarski all suggested Bingo Brown and the
Language of Love and Burning Questions of Bingo Brown, by Betsy Byars.  Sands
also suggested a book by Peck entitled, Soup in Love.

I had a few non-fiction recommendations as well.  Joyce  Church suggested Joy
Wilt Berry's A Kid's Guide to Making Friends:  A Children's Book About Social
Skills and a website, http://jvb2.jvbrown.edu:4001/htbin/opac/id2opac_home

Another recommendation from Alana Banaszak was Judi Miller's How to be
Friends With a boy, how to be Friends With a Girl.

If I get any more suggestions, I will post them.  Thanks again!

LM_NET Archive Home