Dear LM_NET Techies,
I would like to write an instruction sheet describing the steps for saving
a Macintosh ClarisWorks WP file so that it can be read and opened by an IBM
compatible computer.  Please look at the steps I've come up with so far,
and help me with any additions or changes I need to make.  We are using
ClarisWorks 4.0 with Mac 5200s.

1) Insert an IBM formatted disk into the Mac computer.  (Mac Power PCs will
read IBM formatted disks, but IBMs won't read Macs)
2) When saving the document, go to Save As... and at the bottom Save screen
select Text.
3) On the IBM computer, open the word processing program.  Convert the
ClarisWorks document to ASCII Text (DOS).
4) Formatting may be different, but just proceed to work on your document.
You can quickly fix the formatting when you convert it back to ClarisWorks.

Evie Funk / funkx005@gold.tc.umn.edu
Hopkins West Junior High
Minnetonka, MN
"Oh this learning, what a thing it is." - Shakespeare

LM_NET Archive Home