January 26 is National Australia Day.  I have discovered a wonderful site
filled with fascinating facts about their snakes, lizards, frogs, birds and
even the plant life.   I have listed it first.  The additional sites are
also about Australia.

http://www.cairns.aust.com/Environ/hazards.htm
http://www.lonelyplanet.com.au/dest/dest.htm
  "        .gippslandtourism.com.au/index.html
  "        .wa.gov.au/watc/index.html
  "        .about-australia.com/about.htm

There's also a wonderful story titled "The Bunyip of Berkeley's Creek" by
Jenny Wagner and "How the Ostrich Got His Long Neck"  (author unknown at the
moment) and Possum Comes a Knockin  to liven up any lessons.

I hope you all can use this information.

Anne Hall

LM_NET Archive Home