My feeling (DON'T get me started on PC!!) is that we must follow Sears (or
LC if you use that) for subject headings, regardless what the non-library
pundits want.  If we change willy-nilly, the great benefit of having a
common set of cataloging terms that work everywhere is lost forever.  To me
this is the great justification for a controlled vocabulary -- at least that
is what I was taught.

Of course, in the MARC 520 summary field (not the 600's!!) you could use
whatever PC terms you wished and do no harm -- if your system indexes
keywords, patrons could do a keyword search and find their favorites and the
controlled vocab would remain untouched in the subject search fields.

Just MHO!

Mark Williams
Librarian
Colton high School