Are any of you involved in the process of adopting new language arts
materials in your districts?  Have you developed any process for dealing
with the sheer mass of material?

I am also interested in any evaluations others have already done on the new
programs adopted in California.  (I would list them but there are a LOT and
I don't have the list at hand.)

  My district is just beginning and would like to narrow the choices down to
3 or 4 to pilot but we are overwhelmed by the amount of material there is to
evaluate.  If someone has already done some evaluation and would be willing
to share, we would be more than happy to reciprocate as we become more
familiar with the programs and come to some conclusions.  Please email me if
you can share some info on your process.

Many, many thanks in advance!!

Mary Helen

Mary Helen Fischer, District Librarian
Buckeye Union School District