We want to know about a play by Shakespeare which supposedly is Scottish
and you cannot say the title aloud or you will be cursed.  We had an
actor here for our career day and he whetted everyone's interest by
talking about this play.  TIA!  mking@remc12.k12.mi.us

****************

It's the play that has the soliloquoy "Is this a dagger which I see before me?
Come, let me clutch thee..."   It also has the main character's wife doing a
sleepwalking scene in which she is washing her hands of the blood of Macduff
and says, "out, out damned spot!"  It also has three apparitions and the ghost
of Banquo who appear after the three witches chant, "Double, double, toil and
trouble..."

Sorry, I can't say the name....my avocation is community theater, and I
started college as a speech/theater major, so I still have a couple of theater
superstitions/traditions, including this one.  Hope the clues I gave help!

Barbara

Barbara Herbert   <herbert@georgian.edu>
Georgian Court College
Lakewood, NJ  08701-2697