Dear Friends:

Please forgive the posting to the group.  The person who requested the
information did not provide an address.  I have two print reference sources
for the Civil War that I particularly like that I wanted to share in
response to the request:

WHO WAS WHO IN THE CIVIL WAR by Stewart Sifakis (ISBN 0-8160-1055-2).  "A
one-volume compendium of over 2,500 complete and detailed biographies of
the major participants (and lesser-known actors) in the War Between the
States".

BLACK VOICES FROM RECONSTRUCTION 1865-1877, Millbrook Press, c1996.  A very
recent book.  "Original source documents are woven into a narrative
providing the experiences and points of view of former slaves during the
long process of Reconstruction following the Civil War."

LM_NET Archive Home