My 2nd and 3rd Graders will be studying Kenya for a week with joint
projects. The teachers design mapping classes, history, literature,
crafts, and cooking classes. The children are totally immersed in the
country during that time. They work in mixed grade groups with
teachers and many parent volunteers. As I look at my collection, I
don't find a lot on Kenya. I am looking for suggestions of folk tales,
other read-alouds, non-fiction, and also project ideas. The Boston
Children's Museum has a kit for teachers that we will be using. Please
share any ideas and titles that you might have through my personal
email address rather than to the list and I will be happy to post a
hit. Thanks!

LM_NET Archive Home