Thanks to everyone who responded with ways to celebrate 100 Days of School.
Here's some ideas I received:
        *  Read aloud I'LL TEACH MY DOG ONE HUNDRED WORDS by Michael Frith.
Make a list of 100 words your class knows how to spell.

        *  A writing activity to find out how each student might spend $100.00

        *  100 Day parade through the school.  Each student carries or wears
100 of something.

        *  Ask:  Which could you eat 100 hamburgers or 100 peanuts?  Which
could you run 100 yards or 100 miles?  etc.

        *  Use the story JACK AND THE ROBBERS from Marga5ret McDonald and
put in 100 wherever it's appropriate--they trudged 100 paces, they found 100
pieces of gold, etc.

        *  Snack--Have kids count out 100 of the following items--chocolate
chips, raisins, peanuts, cheerios, m&m's, pretzels, fish crackers, mini
marshmallows, popcorn, candy corn, sunflower seeds, etc. and mi8x together
to make a snack.

        *  Draw a 100 square grid on poster board.  Label it 100 animals,
100 foods, or 100 people.  Stock a center with a supply of magazines,
scissors, and glue and make a poster to display.

        *  Tally up a kindness--label a sheet of chart paper "100 Acts of
Kindness".  When you see a child demontrate an act of kindness make a tally
mark on the chart.  After each row of 10, mark it with the number.  When you
have reached 100, marvel at the kindness your class has shown--May need to
start 4early in the year with this one!

        *  How far is 100?--Ask each child to trace and cut out his foot a
given number of times depending on how many students you have so their feet
total 100.  Have each child lay his cu7touts end to end and see how far it
goes.

        *  In a dfisplay case have groups of items and have students guess
if they think there's more than 100, less than 100, or exactly 100.

        *  Have the class write a sentence with exactly 100 words.

        *  Have students illustrate something 100 times--bouncing a ball,
clapping hands, blinking, sticking out tongue, etc.

        *  Name something with 100 parts.

        *  100 balloon release--please don't write me back on environmental
issues--I know!--I just write these, I don't judge or censor!

        *  Read alouds--100 HUNGRY ANTS by Pinczes, ONE HUNDRED IS A FAMILY
by Ryan, 1-100 BUSY COUNTING BOOK by Rosenberg, THE HUNDRED DRESSES by Estes??

        *  Collect 100 cans of food to donate to food pantry.

        *  Teachers wear 100 of something (buttons, pins, bows, etc.) pinned
to a sweatshirt.

        *  Students bring a collection of something (has to fit in a small
baggie) to display.  Can walk around to different classes to view collections.

        *  Good sources--"100" from Creative Teaching Press, 1993, and
MAILBOX (Kindergarten), Feb./Mar. 1997.

Please excuse typos!  I'm not going back over all this.  Have fun!
Pam Thomeczek, Librarian
Malta Bend R-V School
P. O. Box 10
Malta Bend, MO  65339  dvi000@mail.connect.more.net