plea for advice on a Mac problem if you'd be so kind. I've run out of other
people to ask! I have a 5400 with internal modem (global village I
believe). I'm runing System 7.5.3, Netscape versions 2.02 or 3.0 or 3.01
(I've tried them both) and I'm having difficulty in getting online. I
thought it was some incompatability with the new Mac Internet connection
kit but when I replaced it with ConfigPPP so I could see the configuration
process more clearly I realised that the problem lay not with getting a
dialup connection out but with connecting with Netscape. Starting up with
Netscape rarely makes a connection. But to make matters worse it is an
intermittent fault - success perhaps once out of four or five attempts
following a restart. Starting with ConfigPPP then launching Netscape gets
the old message "this does not have a DNS entry" (which is of course
untrue). It seems as if Netscape won't recognise the connection MacPPP has
made. Any suggestions? I'm at my wit's end and Apple technical help are
constantly unavailable! Hopefully
Duncan

_/ Duncan Grey, Head of Resources  :Duncan.Grey@a4503.camcnty.gov.uk _/
_/ Hinchingbrooke School, Brampton Road, Huntingdon, UK              _/
_/ http://edweb.camcnty.gov.uk/hinchingbrooke/index.html             _/

LM_NET Archive Home