Dear LM_NET

        I've really enjoyed this thread.  I was in elem ed. for eight years
in Ohio and Alaska.  My husband was granted a sabbatical leave from our
district and we moved for a year to W. VA.   Since my husband was in school
for a year, I decided to look into a Master's program for myself.  Had
always loved libraries, and decided to go for a library program.   Just
previous to our cross-country trek we had adopted our first daughter!
Class hours worked out well for my husband and me, and the year after we
returned home to Alaska, I finished the three hours I still needed and
received my degree.  I gave birth to my second daughter in Alaska and was
awarded my MA in W. VA. on the same day.  Needless to say I did not attend
my graduation from WVU!  Ten years later I decided to return to the
education field when my third daughter was in second grade.  No library
positions were available, so taught 5/6 grades for four years.  We moved to
the midwest five years ago and I sought certification in special education
because I felt my library work was not current enough.  A Sup't of Schools
in a nearby community saw my library certification on my resume and hired
me for a middle school position.  Have worked in the field now for four
years, and have thoroughly enjoyed it!  Became a member of lm_net three
years ago, and this listserv has been an invaluable source for me.  We've
automated our library, taught internet inservices, and been involved in an
award-winning all school research project.  There's never a dull day, and
always something new to learn.
I love the interaction with the staff, and being able to work with all the
students of the school.  I'm so glad I chose this field all those years
ago!
I have just decided to take a new position in a middle school much closer
to where we live.  I am looking forward to the challenges of my new
position, and  will continue to enjoy being a part of this excellent
listserv.

Jean Tennant
jtennant@richnet.net

LM_NET Archive Home