Gail, I don't think that having the masters is the minimum.  I think that
many, and perhaps most, came into library after an initial bachelors
degree in another field.  With that being the case, these "switchers" have
masters.  My bachelors was in school librarianship, it makes certification
possible in most states.  I can't get a job in the public library system
with my bachelors or my masters in eduacational media.  Those jobs require
masters in arts and sciences- not eduacation.  That has always bothered
me, but then I don't wnat to work in the public library system and am
happy in the school setting.
Every one has come to this point in their library lives from many
directions and for many reasons.  All our children are blessed that they
did.  Anne  Williams

LM_NET Archive Home