RE: Marjorie Pappas' description of the UNI certification with a minor--
Several Wisconsin institutions have the same sort of program, although I
believe they require 24 credits for the minor.  Education graduates with
this entry level certification are given a temporary license; to upgrade
it they must take an additional 15 credits in library science.  I think
we would all agree that the scope of our jobs means that 24 credits is
extremely minimal; however, there is something to be said for taking
additional coursework after you already have your feet wet so to speak!
(Yes, I know many of us take additional classes even when it is not
required!)

Pat Wassink
Colfax Elementary School
601 University Ave.