I can remember when teaching about automated library catalogs was an issue.
 "If my library isn't automated, why should I teach it?"  Now the shoe's on
the other foot.  "If my library is electronic, why should I teach paper?"  I
think we need to stress teaching our own situation, but we also should
include information about what might be found elsewhere.  I have always used
Dewey in my library, but I make students aware of other systems, LC, even
though I don't spend a lot of time on them.  It's still a big world out
there, and we are not all the same.

JMTCW

Marian Mackey, Librarian             Knowledge is of two kinds:
Perkiomen Valley High School      we know a subject ourselves, or
509 Gravel Pike                            we know where we can find
Graterford, PA  19426                   information upon it. - S. Johnson
email: mkmackey@aol.com

LM_NET Archive Home