Roberta:
my message to your email got bounced back, but I think this is an interesting
topic for group discussion.

What I see as major concerns for librarians and administrators:
1. Turf wars between librarians and techies over:
-- access to hardware and software
-- responsibilities re: upkeep and maintenance
-- budget allocations
2. Attitudes toward information access and availability:
-- network the school, to eliminate library floorspace and hall traffic?
-- if it's on the 'net, who needs print?
-- who/what functions as filter, and why?
-- Is it glitz or is it good?
3.  Who teaches information navigation skills?
-- core content curriculum standards -- where does the library fit in?
--who's responsible for teaching evaluative processes for dealing with the
constantly proliferating content in all subjects?
-- Critical thinking skills more needed than ever, with so many info access
points.

Alice H. Yucht
Heritage MS Library (as of 9/97)
Livingston, NJ