Renee Menzie said:
> [...]
skills program guide I would greatly appreciate getting the info about
it.<<<<

Renee,
     First, I would check out the AASL/AECT Information Literacy standards on
the AASL web site.  This document is well written and would be an excellent
guideline.
     There are a variety of models in use in schools today and I have listed
some below.  You might want to check several of them out and consider
comparing them to the AASL Literacy standards.  That is an interesting
exercise and might help you decide which model would work best for you.
California School Library Association
     From Library Skills to Information Literacy, 2nd ed.  Hi Willow Press,
1997.  [Note: this is excellent with a model and lots of additional
information.  I have used it as the textbook when I teach the Information
skills course]
     Big Six Skills.  Michael Eisenberg and Robert Berkowitz.
They have a new book out called Helping with Homework which is excellent.
     Barbara Stripling and Judy Pitts.  Brainstorms and Blueprints.
 Libraries Unlimited, 1988.
     Kuhlthau, Carol.  Seeking Meaning.  Ablex, 1993.
     Pappas & Tepe.  Pathways to Knowledge.  In, Teaching Electronic
Searching Skills, 1995.  Follett Software Company.
     McKenzie, Jamison.  The Research Process.  Educational Leadership,
November, 1996.  [Better yet, check out his web site, called From Now On]
     Also, there is a wonderful web site called InfoZone that has a model and
hyperlink connections to sites that enable parts of the model.  The URL is
http://portal.mbnet.mb.ca/~mstimson/
     Let me know if you have any questions.
Marjorie Pappas
Associate Professor
University of Northern Iowa
Cedar Falls, IA
marjoriep@aol.com
marjoriep@forbin.com

 To quit LM_NET (or set NOMAIL or DIGEST), Send an email message to:
 listserv@listserv.syr.edu          In the message write either:
 1)  SIGNOFF LM_NET         or
 2)  SET LM_NET NOMAIL      or
 3)  SET LM_NET DIGEST