LM_Netters,
    My target for a magazine or periodical that would be useful to
educators in planning and coordinating the use of Satellite TV in the
schools resulted in the following responses:
==========
     I'm not sure what kind of satellite TV you are referring to, but if you
have a steerable dish the magazine for you is SATELLITE ORBIT.  It has
everything from top to bottom that is out there on both C-band and KU
band satellite.  It is expensive, $57.00 per year, however new
subscribers can get a lower rate through their dealer.  The address is
SATELLITE ORBIT, P. O. Box 607, Vienna, VA 22183-9900.
   For really good educational purposes and divided up by disciplines
such as history, science, etc. use Cable in the Classroom it is
delightful as it gives addresses for teacher aids and other free
materials.  They also give several broadcast times in case you miss the
first round of something important.  The address is CABLE IN THE
Classroom, P. O. Box 538, PETERBOROUGH, NY 03458-0538.  The price is
$20.00 per year for 11 issues, well worth it!
======
     Cable in the Classroom is the best, it is educationally focused.  An
alternative would be: Satellite TV Week - this lists everything,
educational or not.  It costs 59.95 per year and appears weekly.  The phone
number is:  800-345-8876.
    I am interested too. Please post a HIT.
The only one I know of us called (?) Sat Link and is published by the
Department of Education??? in Michigan???  I have a copy at home. I can
check for more information.

You might also want to do a search. Try www.mamma.com or www.dogpile.com
========
At home, we get Satellite Direct. Each monthly issue is about an inch
think. Basically it is the programs grids.
===========
    I subscribe to OnSat.  It is a weekly, and not too confusing to read.  I
can't get my teachers to use it, though.  We have a first class satellite
system for the birds to sit on!  Of course, we don't have distribution
capabilities, so I have to tape the program (in advance), and I think
that is the biggest problem:  teachers have to plan ahead!  Much easier
to just grab a video off the shelf.
============
     I wish I could help, but our satellite dish just got installed &
we are also trying to find a good periodical.  One recommendation
that we got from our Tech. coordinator is _Education SatLink_,
but I haven't gotten a chance to look it over carefully.
============
     "On Sat" is a most detailed magazine for programming available on
satelite.  I got it for about a year after someone donated a satellite
dish to our school.  I discontinued it because no one used the dish; it
just decorates our courtyard.
==========
     At our school we have subscribed to SatLink, Satellite Scholar, and
Cable
in the Classroom.  I don't have the addresses available, but we chose
these because each had something that the others didn't.  The first two
are pretty much alike, divided by subject area, giving time, date,
satellite, copyright info., etc.  Cable in the Classroom has some of the
same but also has more articles about teachers using tv technology in
classrooms and the like.  It is somewhat more elementary than the other two.
========
Are you familiar with SAT LINK?  It is a periodical published by the STAR
Schools in Missouri.  I have the info at school and I am at home.  As long
as the federal gov. funds STAR Schools, it is free to schools.  Last year
when all funding was iffy they sent out a questionnaire asking if we would
be willing to pay $90/year for it. Reply to me if you need more info and I
will look it up.
==========
One that we subscribe to is Satellite Scholar: The Comprehensive
Guide to Distance Learning (The Educaltional Programming Guide).
Their address is  P.O. Box 3508, Missoula, MT 59806-3508
Phone: (406) 549-4860; FAX (406) 728-3970
It is expensive - $267./3 yr.
Hope this HIT helps those of you that asked me to post it. It has been
helpful to me. Thanks!
Marie Ferner
Bloomfield Jr/Sr High Library
East Bloomfield, NY