I may be in the minority here, but I have never minded helping
students (and teachers!) remember what they have borrowed.
Before automation, my cards were arrranged by class (fixed
schedule) so it was not difficult to do. ( Had they been
arranged by date, it WOULD have been an impossible task, I
realize.) To my way of thinking, we all forget things, and at
least it shows that the patron is concerned about finding
the borrowed materials.  I do know that at our public library
such request can be a problem because they are not yet
automated and they file by date, but for me, esp since
automation, it is a breeze.

I would feel mean if I refused to try to help a person in this
way if my circulation system would accomodate the request. Just
my opinion!
Julia Steger, Librarian, Clifton Forge Elem Schools East and
West, Clifton Forge VA  24422

--
spay*neuter*spay*neuter*spay*neuter*spay*neuter*spay*neuter*

Julia Steger         ** A Lap Is A Terrible Thing To Waste--
Clifton Forge VA          Adopt a Pet From Your Local
jsteger@pen.k12.va.us        Animal Shelter **

neuter*spay*neuter*spay*neuter*spay*neuter*spay*neuter*spay*

LM_NET Archive Home