I have a teacher who has been very responsible all year, asking copyright
questions.  Last fall we had a mandatory inservice on copyright for all
teachers.

this first grade teacher takes sections out the reader and copies them
to highlight parts for choral reading in small groups.  We own the
textbooks so she is not trying to get by cheap.  She doesn't want to
highlight in the book.  Is this a copyright infraction?

Also She takes a page out of the social studies books which the students
use.  She whites out parts of the sentences and has the students read for
details to fill in the blanks.  I suggested she type fill in the blank
statements, but she also wants the picture.  What do you think?

Lois Smits
Holland, MI
(loismits@macatawa.org)

LM_NET Archive Home