When one of "our own" receives an award, it should be trumpeted loud and
long and here's the place to start.

At the recent dinner celebrating the 25th anniversary of the Professional
Development Studies Program of the Rutgers University (NJ), School of
Communication, Information, and Library Studies, Alice Yucht was
presented with the first annual *George Carlin* award -- "presented
in recognition of that instructor who most employs humor as a vehicle for
educating."

As anyone who's ever attended any of Alice's presentations around the
country, read any of her columns in Library Talk, or read her books (FLIP
IT! will soon be published by Linworth), this is a richly-deserved award
for our "resident humorist" (as she was recently dubbed here by Susan
Brown.)

Congratulations, Alice.

Joyce Conklin           jconkli@ed.co.sanmateo.ca.us
Automation Consultant
San Mateo Union High School Dist. (ret.)
San Mateo CA 94403

LM_NET Archive Home