Hello, Netters!  I have two second grade teachers who have purchased a
unit plan called "Kids Town" to use at the beginning of 1997-98 school
year.  The kids will create their own town, complete with a library and
businesses where they will act as both proprietors and consumers.  The
teachers are dissatisfied with the book list that came with the unit (ie:
Pizza Party! by Maccarone; Curious George goes to a restaurant by Rey).
They feel the books are too "baby-ish" for their kids.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for books (fiction and non-fiction)
for this unit.  Also, I am looking for some creative suggestions for
incorporating their library time into this unit.  TIA!!!  :o)

Susan K. S. Grigsby
gs02skg@panther.gsu.edu

Those who don't understand aren't committed . . . those who do should be!

LM_NET Archive Home