I print out a current overdue list on a regular basis (sorted by patron's
last name) and keep it on the counter. I usually don't mind looking it up
on the computer if it's only a couple of students, but there are always
times when EVERYONE seems to want to know, and in that case I just refer
them to the list. I realize this doesn't help if the book isn't overdue,
but, hey, I'm only there three days a week, so if it isn't overdue I don't
worry about it. I know, I know, this probably violates all sorts of privacy
issues for people, keeping a list lying about, but frankly it hasn't
bothered anyone in our neck of the woods, so I keep right on doing it.

Gayle Hodur                             Snail Mail:
District Librarian                      Main Street Middle School
Soledad Unified School District         441 Main Street
(408) 678-3923                          Soledad, CA  93960
ghodur@redshift.com

LM_NET Archive Home