I just logged on to www.libsonline.com, the librarian's online warehouse and
discovered that Brodart is sponsoring this month's contest.  Would you
believe that they are giving away a year's quarterly subscription to
Precision One Cataloguing System?  It's a grand opportunity.  I registered.
The warehouse seems to be growing by leaps and bounds.  It will become
better, I think, if we get at our vendors to put themselves on the site.  I
think of it as onestop shopping.  At night, when I have time to contact
vendors, they aren't at their telephones.  By going in to the warehouse, I
can click on the icons which have been installed and go to websites, escape
back to libsonline, click on another icon, escape, and so on.  The object is
that I have only had to type in one web address.  It's simply a beautiful
concept, the electronic mall which is open twenty four hours a day.  Now if I
could only get Barnes and Noble or some other bookstore on the site, I'd
really have a ball!!!
At any rate, I thought I'd let those of you who don't know about libsonline,
have the information to take a chance at this month's prize.
Hope all of you are having a good end of the school year.  I'm thinking of
the beach and all of those wonderful books I have set aside for the occasion.
 Where's the lemonade?
Peace.
Mary Veronica Amison, aka the Flying Nun, herself, back (temporarily) on the
face of the planet
Librarian, Xavier High School, NYC
mveronic@aol.com

LM_NET Archive Home