  You have all been wonderful....and the beat goes on..and on..and...
Since the discussion has now widened into therapies and treatments, I'll
simply give a list of the favorites recommended by all of you:
1.  NO HIGH HEELS  !
2. EZ Spirit  - tops in numbers of positive responses
3. Rockport - many different styles - second in numbers of yes votes
4. Sneakers with inserts ;  i.e., Dr. Scholl arch supports
5. Bass - mentioned often
6. SAS - also a multiple "yeah"for loafers and strollers
7. Walking shoes - many kinds mentioned from all the names listed
8. Naturalizers - good style selection
9. Aerosoles - super support
10. Birkenstocks - many adherents (including me!)
11. Reebok - even high top varieties
12. Hush Puppy loafers
13. New Balance Athletic Shoes
14. Clark's walking shoes (from the U.K.)
15. Eddie Bauer - good catalogue prices
16.  Rollerblades (thank you, Kathy, from Ohio :-<   )

  Many of you stressed the importance of orthotics prescribed by a
professional.  We should all be able to qualify for "happy feet" if we
work our way through this list.  Have a good summer!

Jocelyn G. Shannon                        Voice: (213)296-7120 X288
Library Media Teacher(Cyberian!)          E-mail:jshannon@lausd.k12.ca.us
Dorsey High School                          <or>   CAJGS@aol.com
3537 Farmdale Ave.                        Fax: (310) 215-9607   <home>
Los Angeles, CA 90016                     Fax: (213) 298-8501 <work>

LM_NET Archive Home