Friends:

I call this a MISS because my QUERY for an Online Dewey Reference has
resulted only in a goodly number of messages from you asking me to share
whatever I find out. So here it is: zip.

Sounds like a good idea awaiting some savvy sponsorship. Brodart, are you
listening? Baker? Taylor? You there?

FYI, here's the original message from me:

> Do you know of an online Dewey reference where, for instance, I
> could:
>
> Input "heraldry" and the program would output 929.6
>
> OR
>
> I could input 929.6 and the program would output "heraldry; coats of
> arms."
>
> I know I could go to a resource for MARC records (I have several in my
> VirtLib at:
>
> http://www.wcsu.k12.vt.us/~winhall/lib_yp_l.htm#Cataloging
>
> ), but I'd like something a little more straightforward, if it exists.

-Dale
--
                Dale Copps, dcopps@wcsu.k12.vt.us
     Librarian, Wardsboro & Winhall (VT) Elementary Schools

LM_NET Archive Home