HELP!!!

My school is building a new building and spliting the library.  So, I was
given x amount of dollars to spend to outfit the library with books that
I thought would be good for the school.  I got the total budget to
97,000.  I was fairly proud of my efforts.  But tonight at the school
board meeting the superintendent refused to ask for board approval
because of the security sytem cost of $13,000.  He said that a school as
small as ours did not need a system like this.

This year at the combined 6-12 school, we lost 77 books.  and te new
school is going to have really nice reference.

Now for What you can do--I ave to meet with him and convince him that
spending 13,000 for a security system is worth it.  I will start out wit
3100 new books  and 1500 old books (from the present location).  The
average cost of these books nears $20.00.  The reference section averages
in cost $42.00.  I went all out in that section.

Have any of you had to convince board members and superintendents to
spend the money.  He told me that I could ave the security system or
computers. He was almost rude!!  I came home very upset.  Anyway, he
wants to meet with me tomorrow.  This is Tuesday night.  I have the
support of my principal and the supervisor.

Should I just say forget it and go without?  I am so stressed.  I just
feel that I will be treading water wit book count if I don't do something
to discourage stealing.

Thanks for any input you have.
Dianne
--
Dianne Anderson                 andersond@ten-nash.ten.k12.tn.us
McKenzie High School            Phone (901)352-7523

LM_NET Archive Home