Hello from sunny Southern California! Here's my query: A baby quilt made for
me has animal shapes on it that were based on a children's storybook. The
(now elderly) friend who made it doesn't remember the title of the book, but
it may have been from the 1930's through the 50's when she raised her children.

The animals are: a mouse, squirrel, hare, wolf (or perhaps a fox), gazelle
or oryx, lioness or panther,  rhino, giraffe, bear, cat (or may be another
lioness or panther), male lion, elephant, bat, and a butterfly. There are
also a palm tree and a shrub.

I have always wanted to use the quilt during a storytime for my kindergarten
through 2nd graders, but have never figured out which book the quilt was
based on. My son (whom the quilt was made for) is now 19. . . and if the
quilt is eventually passed down through the family, I would love to track
down a copy of the book to pass along with it.

I'll be here all summer - you all have been such a fun and interesting
group! I've learned a lot, and shared ideas, etc. with some of you - thanks
for all of your help, laughs, and wisdom!

Joanne Ladewig, Media Center Aide
Grazide Elementary, Hacienda Heights, CA
summer email: shatz@lightside.com

LM_NET Archive Home