Here is Part 2 of my hit of Latin America/Australian/Civil War fiction.  I =
really appreciate all of the responses.

My friend in Australia sent a fun paperback to my son for his 12th birthday=

(6th grade).  It is called =22Don't Pat the Wombat=22, by Elizabeth Honey.

 Copyright 1996.  Australian publisher Allen & Unwin Pty Ltd.  I have no id=
ea

how hard it would be to get these books here in US.  There is an email

address in the paperback - 100252.103=40compuserve.com     Also fax =23 (61=
 2)

9906 2218  and phone =23 (61 2) 9901 4088.    The story is about a group of=

friends (boys) that go on summer camp together.  There are some girls and

teachers in the story also.  It is full of Australian kid slang and

description of some animals from Australia, particularly the Wombat.  Also

touches on adult alcoholism.   I suggest 5-8th grade. Really fun=21

CIVIL WAR FICTION

Some titles we have used to find Civil War Books are: this bibliography

published by Libraries Unlimited, P.O. Box 3988, Englewood, Colorado,=20

80155-3988. Title: American History; An Annotated Bibliographic Index for

Children and Young Adults. It has a good Civil War Section.ISBN 0-87287-731=
-0

We do ILL if needed.

ALA has a Guide to Civil War Books-but not fiction-may have teacher=20