The discussion about what to do with missing books (that appear on the
online catalog until deleted) is my problem, but it is magnified...and I'm
stumped.  I just finished the first (and probably ONLY) inventory done since
the library got its circulation/catalog program...about 8 years.  I have
1800 books marked missing.  Now what?  The ones I am discarding (see
discussion about astronomy books and "Someday man will go to the moon") were
deleted.  Now we have about 1725 more.  I had naively thought that once I
did inventory, all that slush in the catalog would disappear.  Oh well...
any ideas would be VERY welcome!!   (PS - this is my first year at this
school)

Not only do I have nearly 2 thousand nonbooks in my catalog, but most of the
records of the books I do have are brief...and I mean BRIEF...some only have
the title.  Nothing else.  No author, no ISBN (of course some books are too
old to have an ISBN), and maybe a call number like "FIC".  Updating those
will be fun.
--
Johanna Halbeisen
Woodland Elementary School(K-4)