For those of you still out there, I'd like to pick your brains...We have a
HUGE poetry collection in my library, because we do lots of it here. Our poet
in residence helps me by making suggestions, of course, as poetry is not my
forte, but I'm always looking to add, in particular, collections of poetry
around a central theme. I'll give you an idea what I mean. I've got a
collection of Giovanni's _Love Poems_, I've got poems on death and dying,
I've got _Letters to America: Contemporary American Poetry on Race_, _Dog
Music: Poetry about Dogs_, _Earth Poems: Poems from around the world to honor
the earth_, _Beat Voices_(anthology of beat poetry--we can't keep enough beat
stuff in this place! It disappears faster than anything!), Oxford's
collection of humorous verse, anthologies of Native American prose and
poetry, and so on. It's sort of a quirk of mine to collect these
"collections," and they are well used. Does anyone have or know of any other
of this type of poetry collection that you would recommend for a high school
library? I'll entertain all sorts of  ideas if you'll be kind enough to email
me your thoughts. I'd appreciate it if you'd send them to me at my email
address, as I'll only be logged on to LM_NET until about June 30, but I will
come in during the summer to check my personal email account. Thanks, as
always, for your help.
Jody
Jody Gerlock, Librarian, Upper School        phone (609) 924-6700 ext. 241
Princeton Day School                                    fax (609) 924-7278
P.O. Box 75, The Great Road              email: Jody_Gerlock@pds.k12.nj.us
Princeton, NJ 08542

LM_NET Archive Home