Part 2 of Display Ideas.
*
Hi. I would love to hear ideas for bulletin boards. I have a huge one
plus a large glass case! I use this bulletin to pull students into the
library. My most successful was a deer skeleton. This I put on a table
with some books for identifying what animal was on the table. On the
bulletin board I had posters of the human skeleton and I borrowed a
standing skeleton from the science department. Students had to come
into the library to give me their guesses. In this way I was able to
learn some names and chat. All the teachers who came by said the bones
wouldn't last a day. By the end of two weeks, nothing was missing and
I had created a lot of discussion. I try to make most of my displays
interactive.

*
I have a blank wall where I placed maps.  I start out with a map of the
Milky Way, then a map of our Solar System, then a Map of Earth, then a
map of our Continent, then a map of the Country, then State, then
particular area of state, then county, city, township, school district,
then the last map is a map of our school.
My idea shows that students must learn to think globally and not just
think of themselves.
Another idea is when I order a new book I cut up publisher advisements,
and reviews and post them in a This book is coming for you to read and
enjoy.
I also have make a Feature Author of the Month Board, where I word
process information and a biography  about the author.

Thank you Joan and Michael.  If anyone else has any great
ideas for displays could you please let us all know.

Deborah Connell
Loreto Nedlands Primary
Perth, Western Australia
mailto:connellp@wantree.com.au