>I was at the same conference. Ms Polacco was talking about how her books are
>derived from family customs and celebrations. She was
>quite dynamic and eloquent. If you ever get a chance to hear her, don't miss
>it!
I have to comment here that when I saw Patricia Polacco at the Keene
State College Children's Literature Festival several years ago,
she recieved a standing ovation, and many people were in tears.
She was wonderful! If you have the chance to hear her speak,don't miss the
opportunity.
Gail Grainger
Librarian
chesterfield School