Dear Virginia LM_Net Members,

   I am presently the LMS in an elementary school in southwestern VA.
After several years at this position, I am interested in relocating to
another part of the state.  However, I have two HUGE questions.

   First:  Does anyone know of any anticipated (permanent, full-time)
openings for LMS's in either an elementary or middle school beginning in
the 96-97 school year?

   Second:  Our County requires written notice by April 20th if a
tenured employee doesn't expect to return the following school year.
However, most Counties seem to hire new employees during the summer
months.  What is a person to do?  How can you commit to leaving a
position, if you aren't even sure another opening exists?  I have heard
that (in this County) if you leave your position but don't provide
written notice by April 20, the County has the RIGHT to request that the
State "revoke" the employee's certification for one school year (so they
can't work) and the state will cooperate.  Is this correct?  How have
other LMS's worked out a job transition from one County to another?  Is
it really as impossible as it seems?

   I appreciate any help and/or insight you can provide.  I really NEED
a change!  Thank you.
   Kathy Parker
   parkerk@usa.net

LM_NET Archive Home