I thought I would post a hit, for those of you collecting LM_NET
Bibliographies. I consider this listserv to be one of the best selection
tools!

The Boggart, by Cooper. Also, start the student on the series by C.S. Lewis

Acquainted with the Night, by Sollace Hotze. ISBN 0-395-61576-3

Perhaps Betty Ren Wright's books will fit the bill.

Lovecraft (author)

Alfred Hitchcock

My students love to be scared so I decided to order some of the regional
ghost stories available from the National Storytelling Assn. publisher,
August House.  I have very pleased with their reception.  My girls also
like Mary Higgins Clark, Lois Duncan and Joan Nixon.

Mary Downing Hahn - Look for Me By Moonlight

Joan Lowry Nixon - Deadly Game of Magic
(she has many other mystery tales such as The Stalker, The Specter,
 etc. that may appeal)

Annette Curtis Klsue - The Silver Kiss

Try the Thief of Always by Clive Barker and I think the Hot
Zone is very scary.  Joan Lundgard  Jlundgard@aol.com

Avi/Something Upstairs.   Ghost story, historical fiction.  Good read.

How about Half-a-Moon Inn by Fleischman?

Some of my students like a series by Bellairs, but part of the charm
for them may be that the stories are set in the Upper Midwest, Wisconsin,
Michigan and Minnesota.  This series combines humor with horror.

                   Kristel A. Mayberry, Information Manager
                   Central High School, Omaha, Nebraska, USA
                     voice:402.557.3316 / fax:402.557.3379

LM_NET Archive Home