I am a graduate of the University of Michigan's School of Information
and Library Studies program (they have since changed the name to School
of Information ????)  We were required to take the first cataloging
class, but did not have to take anymore.  I personally did not gain much
from this one class, and have had to teach myself a lot of cataloging.
Literature classes were offered and I did take one.  I have since taken
an adolescent literature class from Central Michigan University's
Library program.  Because I enjoyed this class so much and learned more
about what was available in the area of adolescent literature, I now
facilitate a Reading Appreciation class one hour per day.

LM_NET Archive Home