Hi Deanna and the rest of the netters!
  The book is entitled "Stones from the river" by Ursula Hegi about a
"small person" who is a librarian in Nazi Germany. It covers her life from
her birth to 1952. I've already started it and feel a great afinity for the
heroine being a "height-challenged" librarian.
  Hope this helps.
MaryAnn

>I know that a new book was announced on Oprah last week, but does anyone
>know the title?  Supposedly a long book (500 pages or more).  Probably this
>is worth posting to the whole listserv.  I have a whole group of high school
>students following these books, and hate to miss even a minute of
>opportunity to push good books with kids who are usually so computer
>oriented :)
>
>Deanna McDaniel
>julia@bright.net

MaryAnn "the librarian" Rizzo

"We need to educate our children for their future and not for our past" A.
C. Clarke

"Keep smiling -- it keeps everyone wondering about you."  M. Rizzo

LM_NET Archive Home