For me and for many of my h.s. readers -- I rarely get home in time to watch
Oprah, think I've seen her twice in my lifetime -- how do we find out what's
been recommended?  Her list includes some great reads that I'd bet my
readers would enjoy.  Is there a site somewhere or does she update her list
on the tv program periodically?  TIA.
At 10:25 PM 3/3/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi Deanna and the rest of the netters!
>  The book is entitled "Stones from the river" by Ursula Hegi about a
>"small person" who is a librarian in Nazi Germany. It covers her life from
>her birth to 1952. I've already started it and feel a great afinity for the
>heroine being a "height-challenged" librarian.
>  Hope this helps.
>MaryAnn
>
>>I know that a new book was announced on Oprah last week, but does anyone
>>know the title?  Supposedly a long book (500 pages or more).  Probably this
Elizabeth Letterly, District Librarian  eletterl@abelink.com
Williamsville CUSD #15, Williamsville, IL  USA  62693

Life itself is the proper binge. -- Julia Child

LM_NET Archive Home