Discipline is my greatest concern.  I teach library at an inner-city Public
School.  I use a behavior chart, where I count down from 5 to 1 with my hand
up and if I get to one, the behavior grade goes down to B.  The grade goes
back up if they are quiet for 5-10 mins.  Whatever grade they get by the time
their teacher comes is the grade that is put up on the chart.  The chart
should be posted for the whole school to see, mine is posted at the library's
entrance.  I make sure to tell the teacher what grade their class got and I
give rewards to classes who get A's each quarter.  This works pretty well,
but of course I still have a lot of discipline problems.  The behavior chart
works well with peer pressure, the students who do care about the behavior
chart will tell the others to be quiet.  Hope this helps.  If you want more
info.  e-mail me at:
Wynn96@aol.com

LM_NET Archive Home