I assure you that at Clarion University's MSLS program that both
children's and young adult lit courses are taught (additional course
available in History of Children's Lit). Also a multicultural sources and
services course and a course for patrons with exceptionalities. We also
require the "standards" of cataloging, collection development,
management, reference, etc. The lit courses are required for school
certification and are among our many electives for other students.

I just couldn't keep reading these messages of concern without letting
you know that someone is still teaching these courses (and doing a good
job, too).

Andrea Miller
Department of LS
Clarion University of PA