ONe of those educational speakers bureaus (this one is "Institute for
Educational Development) is advertising a one day seminar, "Helping your
At-Risk Students be More Successful Readers and Writers", in our area
during May.

If you've heard this speaker or attended this seminar, could you let me
know if she/it would be appropriate for some of our staff in a 10-12 high
school?  Would it be worthwhile for regular classroom teachers in content
areas such as social studies or science?  We're interested particularly in
reading in the content areas.  Is it more intended for English/language
arts teachers?  For special ed?

At $159 for registration plus another $90 for a sub, we want to be sure
this is valuable for those who attend.

Thanks (in advance) for your help.

Please respond to me personally - sbaker@orca.esd114.wednet.edu

Susan Baker