Here are the results of my question about the CD-ROM Mrs.
Murphy's Media Center. 5 people asked for more info, saying it
sounded interesting, but only 2 responded that they had used
it. One said kids in their K-3 school loved it; the other said
it was okay ... it gives students a chance to learn media
skills on their own, but the program is not very interactive.
Mrs. Murphy talks and teaches, but it is another way to get
students to learn and they do like using CD-ROMS. I think I'll
try it. One thing for
sure: Don't pay the list price of $99.75 in Highsmith's
catalog. Meridian Educ. Corp. has it for $49.00. Their address:
236 East Front St., Dept. ROM-97
Bloomington, IL 61701-9961
1-88-727-5507
After trying to teach bookfinding skills to 2nd and 3rd graders
in the past few weeks, I really wish a programmer/software
designer would come up with a great interactive program to
support this area! Thanks for the help.
Susan Morris
smorris@pen.k12.va.us
Pearl Sample Elem. School