I haven't been following Oprah (get home too late), but just thought of
pr idea for our library and need a listing of all the books she has
recommended.  Could someone post these to list?  I think it would be of
general interest.  My idea for pr? I have two side by side glassed in
bullentin boards. In one I would put Oprah's choices with her picture. In
the other, I would alternate teacher's choices.  Will have to be sure to
have the books, of course.

Sandy Barron                 Tomball High School
sbarron@tenet.edu                      30330 Quinn Road
713-357-3219                            Tomball, Texas 77375
FAX 713-357-3252             "making the difference with information science"

On Mon, 3 Mar 1997, MaryAnn Rizzo wrote:

> Hi Deanna and the rest of the netters!
>   The book is entitled "Stones from the river" by Ursula Hegi about a
> "small person" who is a librarian in Nazi Germany. It covers her life from
> her birth to 1952. I've already started it and feel a great afinity for the
> heroine being a "height-challenged" librarian.
>   Hope this helps.
> MaryAnn
>
> >I know that a new book was announced on Oprah last week, but does anyone
> >know the title?  Supposedly a long book (500 pages or more).  Probably this
> >is worth posting to the whole listserv.  I have a whole group of high school
> >students following these books, and hate to miss even a minute of
> >opportunity to push good books with kids who are usually so computer
> >oriented :)
> >
> >Deanna McDaniel
> >julia@bright.net
>

> MaryAnn "the librarian" Rizzo
>
> "We need to educate our children for their future and not for our past" A.
> C. Clarke
>
> "Keep smiling -- it keeps everyone wondering about you."  M. Rizzo

LM_NET Archive Home