Thank you to all who responded so quickly to my question about the Northwest
Territory license plates.  I received some useful information that I thought I
would share to all.
        - The NW Territory license plate is unique in that it is die cut in the
shape of a bear. Most said it was a polar bear, some said a grizzly.  The
colors are red on white.
        - There is a web site (of course) at which this can be viewed (though I
have not yet visited it):
        http://danshiki.oit.gatech.edu/~iadt3mk/canada/LP_CDN_NW.html

        - A book mentioned:   _The License Plate Book_ by Thomson C. Murray,
Doubleday, 1978, ISBN 0-385-14570-5.
Again, my appreciation to all who wrote.  This group never ceases to amaze me.
Cathy Burns  c_burns@mentor.unh.edu
Oyster River Middle School
Durham, NH 03824

LM_NET Archive Home