I don't keep a collection of musical recordings in my library (budget
constraints) but lately I've had some requests for certain types of
collections. My English department wants to know if there's a cassette or CD
collection of American folk music they could use to supplement _The Grapes of
Wrath_. I assume they're looking for Depression era stuff. Anyone know of
anything like that out there? I have a musical recording catalog that does
have collections of American music, but they are things like Civil War music,
Ragtime, Music of the American Revolution, Greatest marches, etc.

Also, we are looking for a video on Victorian America. I've looked in the
Social Studies School Service catalog and can find a few that deal with
Victorian age in Europe, but nothing really for U.S.A. except for one called
_The 1880s_, and it's for grade 4 and up, and I need something for H.S. If
anyone knows of anything that might fit either of these two requests, please
let me know. I'm always grateful for your help. TIA

Jody_Gerlock@pds.k12.nj.us

LM_NET Archive Home