Autobiographies or books with autobiographical elements.
This bibliography reflects the suggestions of many, many LM_Netters.
+ TOPSS of the Free Library of Philadelphia: Kathryn L. Whitacre.
+ The Free Library of Philadelphia's online card catalog.
+ Follett TITLEWAVE  which provided the bibliographic data courtesy of
        Steve Hynes.

Please send additional titles if these suggest others.  Thank you!

Aardema, Verna.  A bookworm who hatched.  R.C. Owen, 1992.
Ardizzone, Ed     Young Ardizzone.  London: Studio Vista, 1970.
Bauer, Marion Dane.  A writer's story: from life to fiction. Clarion,
        1995.
Bawden, Nina.   In my own time.  Clarion, 1994.
Boulton,   Jane.  Only Opal.  Philomel, 1994.
Bulla, Clyde Robert.  A grain of wheat.   Godine, 1985.
Byars, Betsy.  The Moon and I.  Messner, 1991.
Carle, Eric.  My apron.  Philomel, 1994.
Cleary, Beverly.  Girl from Yamhill.  Morrow, 1988.
                My own two feet.  Morrow, 1995
Cole, Joanna.  On the bus with Joanna Cole.  Heinemann, 1996.
Crews, Donald. Bigmama's.  Greenwillow, 1991.
                The shortcut.  Greenwillow, 1992
Dahl, Roald.  Boy.  Farrar, 1984.
dePaola, Tomie.  The art lesson.  Putnam, 1989.
                    The baby sister.  Putnam, 1996.
                    Now one foot, now the other.  Putnam, 1980.
                    Tom.  Putnam, 1993.
Esiason, Boomer.  A boy named Boomer.  Scholastic, 1995.
Fritz, Jean. Homesick. Homesick, my own story.  Putnam, 1982.
                        Surprising myself.  R.C. Owen, 1992.
George, Jean Craighead.  A tarantula in my purse.  HarperCollins, 1996.
Goble, Paul.  Hau kola = hello friend.  R. C. Owen, 1994.
Howe, James.  Playing with words.  R.C. Owen, 1994.
Kehret, Peg. Small steps: the year I got polio.  Whitman, 1996.
Kerr, M.E.       Me, me, me, me, me: not a novel.  Harper, 1983.
Kuskin, Karla.  Thoughts, pictures, and words.  R.C.Owen, 1995.
Little, Jean.     Little by little.  Puffin, 1987.
                Stars come out within.  Viking, 1990.
McKissack, Patricia.   Mirandy and Brother Wind. Knopf, 1988.
Mahy, Margaret.  My mysterious world.  R.C. Owen, 1995.
Major, Beverly.  Playing Sardines. Scholastic, 1992.
Mitchell, Margaree King.  Uncle Jed's barbershop.  Simon and Schuster,
1993.
Meltzer, Milton.  Starting from home.  Viking Kestral, 1988.
Peck, Richard.    Anonymously Yours.  Messner, 1991.
Peet, Bill.  Bill Peet: An autobiography.  Houghton Mifflin, 1989.
Polacco, Patricia.  Firetalking.  R.C. Owen, 1994.
                     The keeping quilt.  Simon and Schuster, 1988.
                      My ol' man.  Philomel, 1995.
                      My rotten redheaded older brother.  Simon and
                        Schuster, 1994.
                      Thunder cake.  Philomel, 1990.
                      Uncle Vova's tree.  Philomel, 1995.
Ryan, Cary.  Louisa May Alcott.  (Diary) Troll, 1993.
Rylant, Cynthia.  Best wishes.  R.C. Owen, 1992.
                When I Was Young in the Mountains.  Dutton, 1982.
Say, Allen.  The bicycle man.  Parnassus Press, 1982.
                Grandfather's Journey.  Houghton Mifflin, 1993.
                The ink-keeper's apprentice.  Houghton Mifflin, 1994.
                Tree of Cranes.  Houghton Mifflin, 1991.
Sleator, William.  Oddballs.  Dutton, 1993.
Stevenson, James.Don't You Know There Is a War Going On?  Greenwillow,
                1992.
                Higher on the door.  Greenwillow, 1987.
                I had a lot of wishes.  Greenwillow, 1995.
                I meant to tell you.  Greenwillow, 1996.
                    When I was nine.  Greenwillow, 1986.
Uchida, Yoshiko.  Invisible thread.  Messner, 1991.
Wilder, Laura Ingalls. Little house in the big woods.  Harper, 1953.
                        Little town on the prairie.  Harper, 1953.
Yolen, Jane.  All those secrets of the world.  Little Brown, 1991.
                A letter from Phoenix Farm.  R.C. Owen, 1992.
Zindel, Paul.  The pigman and me.  HarperCollins, 1992.
Zolotow, Charlotte.  My grandson Lew.  Harper and Row, 1974.

Sister Sally Daly
St. Timothy School  3033 Levick St    Phila PA   19149
215-338-9797      Fax: 215-624-1316      E-Mail: timothy@libertynet.org

LM_NET Archive Home